Friday, October 26, 2012

Brunchity Brunch

I've been saving up all of my blogging energy for a big brunch post today.  If I haven't told you already, brunch in Dubai is absolutely out of control.  It happens every Friday and costs anywhere between $55 and $200 for all you can eat and drink from 12 - 4 pm.  There's not actually any brunch food, but nobody goes for that anyway.  It's a huge party with crazy expats everywhere and by 4:00, everyone is completely wasted.  Sounds awesome, right?  Well, Casey has been dying to have this amazing brunch experience since we moved here, and this was his first weekend off (another Eid celebration) so we were pumped.  About 30 people from my school went today, the biggest group that has gone so far, and we both woke up sick.  What the frick.  I'm NEVER sick, unless of course I have a holiday from school with something awesome planned.  I tried really hard to pretend like I wasn't sick, but 3.5 hours of sleep + stuffy nose + headache + sore throat do not mix well with an all day drinking extravaganza.  When I told Casey I wasn't feeling well, he was relieved because he's not either, and even though we're really disappointed we had to miss it, it was actually kind of nice to have a lazy day together napping and taking it easy.

In other news, we did some apartment shopping this week, and that makes me really happy.  It's finally starting to feel like a home and not just a collection of tiny rooms.  I'll give you a photo tour when everything is done.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek at our smiling camels...


:)

1 comment: