Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Perfect Morning in Dubai

Living in Dubai is a roller coaster ride, and today was the part of the roller coaster that makes you want to ride it again and again and again.  Nicole's cousins are visiting from London and Australia, so she planned a morning of paddleboarding.  We paddled out to this beauty...

 
Pretty much the best thing you can do ever.  We rented paddle boards from a little surf shop that belonged in Hawaii more than Dubai, paddled out through the gulf from the other side of that bridge and relaxed on our boards as we admired the amazing Burj Al Arab.  The temperature was just right and the whole experience was magical.  I'm definitely doing that again when Casey can join me, and next time I will remember my camera so you can experience this amazingness for yourself!

After paddleboarding, we went to a cute little restaurant called The Lime Tree Cafe, and I totally felt like I was back in Colorado.




 
Isn't it cute?
There was just something about the food, the people and the atmosphere that reminded me of Colorado and I didn't want to leave.  We ate outside because the weather was perfect - sunny, no clouds, a cool breeze, and for the first time I had hope that it won't be hot forever.  Cooler weather is definitely on the horizon.  Maybe I can even whip out a scarf or two :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your posts! I felt like I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete