Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte Fail

It's fall in Colorado, and I'm missing it terribly.  The trees are changing, snow is on the horizon, and as Jessica described it, it's perfect scarf weather.  Fall is my favorite time of year, like everyone else in the world, and I'm missing all the fall favorites like boots and cardigans, cool mountain breezes and delicious fall food, but I'm also finding myself missing things like college football that I never cared about before.  What I miss most of all, though, is pumpkin.  Pumpkin everything.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, Pumpkin Spice Lattes... And even though it's still in the 90s here (a tolerable 90s with a slight breeze just cool enough to keep you from sweating), I wanted to pretend like it was fall, so I ventured down to the neighborhood Starbucks this morning to get myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  It's the most gorgeous sunny day, and I was pumping myself up for a taste of pumpkin deliciousness all the way there only to find out Dubai doesn't have Pumpkin Spice Lattes, now or ever.  Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?  What kind of crazy place doesn't have Pumpkin Spice Lattes?  I thought I was misunderstanding the man's accent at first so I asked twice, and then just to make sure I heard him right, I asked a third time.  According to the Starbucks website, Pumpkin Spice Lattes are fall's favorite drink so I could only assume they would be available everywhere.  I'm pretty sure they are available everywhere, everywhere but Dubai.  If my fall cravings don't subside, I'll have to buy an espresso machine and learn how to make them myself.  Until then I'll just have to pretend I'm sipping this bad boy on a patio somewhere overlooking the Rocky Mountains, while wearing my favorite boots, cardigan and scarf, of course.

4 comments:

  1. I think you need to call starbucks corporate! That's crazy. I have already had my pumpkin spice latte too, and the high is 50 today! It snowed in Colorado yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! if chris didn't have a pumpkin spice latte recipe, i'd be a little more distressed.

      Delete
  2. We bought a Keurig - I feel like this is something you'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need us to ship you some pumpkin :0) The two days in the 50s we had made we so ready for fall. I bet there is a recipe on pinterest. My parents have a Keurig. I agree with Jessica I think you would like it and there are tons of things to use in it. Tea, 1/2 tea 1/2 lemonade, hot chocolate, different kinds of coffees, etc.

    ReplyDelete