Sunday, October 14, 2012

Desert Safari

We finally went on a desert safari!  It's one of the things we wanted to do most when we moved here.  I psyched myself up for an AMAZING time, so it was a little underwhelming, but still awesome.  I'm too tired to write anymore, so you can make up your own story to go with our pictures :)


UAE proud, yo!


Daniela, Freya and Kai


 

My desert glamor shot



The sand was so soft and squishy beneath our feet!



Dune bashing was my favorite part of the trip.  I always wondered how they drove around the dunes like maniacs without tipping over, and the secret is this: they let air out of their tires so they're almost flat.  It creates a magical tire glue that sticks to the sand, even when you're sideways.  Pretty fancy.



The desert sun is amazing!

 

 




One of my favorite pictures ever :)


  

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey!




Freya frolicking through the desert






I could totally be a falcon trainer if teaching doesn't work out.



The whirling dervish!  The only thing I could think of while watching him dance was, "She could throw a whirling dervish out of whirl."  Oh, Maria...





His dance moves were pretty awesome.


Casey taking the photo we see men everywhere taking.  They pose in front of strange things with a non-smile on their face and hold the pose for a ridiculous amount of time until their friend finally takes the picture.  He totally fits in now.



The camels we didn't ride.  I felt bad for them.  They didn't seem too pumped to be toting everyone around on their backs.  I will ride a camel someday, just not these guys.  They're pretty cute, though, aren't they?

One thing I learned from this awesomeness is I love the desert!  It was so beautiful and relaxing, and watching the sun set in the desert is one of the best things you can do.   We're planning a desert camping trip when it's not so steamy hot, and that just might the best thing you can do.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dubai Dhow Cruise is one of the best place for Dinner.

    ReplyDelete