Friday, September 21, 2012

A Picture Walk Through Dubai

 It's picture overload time!  These are all the pictures that don't deserve to make it into a normal blog post, but they're hanging out on our computer, so we're putting them up anyway.  :)


 The trunk of the palm


This one's for Casey :)


One of the few nights Casey actually got to go out


Chris and I admiring the Sheikh Zayed


 I'm embarrassed to say I don't know who this is, but his face is everywhere.  I do know it's not Sheikh Mohammed... I think... Someone help me out!


Kelly enjoying her coffee at the traditional lunch


Our school organized a trip the the Sheikh Mohammed Centre, and it was a great day!


Painted by students at an alternative school for special needs


This pops up on the screens at the mall when it's time to pray.  There's something really nice about a religion that calls its followers to stop what they're doing to reflect and give thanks five times a day.


Random boat on a street corner


Our best attempt at getting the whole Burj Khalifa in one photo.  It's never going to happen.


The buildings are so pretty here!


Nicest Starbucks ever


I finally got sushi on a conveyor belt!


I think some malls in America need one of these...


Our favorite tea place


Our view of the marina :)


 Casey's view from his office.


If he has to work so much, at least he has something pretty to look at.



Texas Roadhouse in Dubai!  The food was slightly different, but the service was incredible.


Old school air conditioning


The fountains at the Dubai Mall.  I had a moment with a stranger from Egypt watching this show set to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.  The cheese factor was high, but the water was choreographed perfectly to the music and it was absolutely beautiful.


 The view from the Dubai Mall


Brunch.  Not your average grandma brunch.  Brunch in Dubai is out of control - all you can eat and drink and lots of crazy expats everywhere.  It's quite an experience.


We can see a tiny sliver of beach from our balcony - woot!


The Sheikh Zayed


Pretty old roads

We like it here.  I think we'll stay for a while :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my husband and I are thinking of moving to Dubai next year. Your blog is soooo cool and helpful, feels like I'm there. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete