Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy First Day of Work to Us!!

If today is any indication of how my year will go, it's going to be amazing!  It was such a nice first day of work.  I met the other new teachers, chatted over breakfast and coffee, learned a few usernames and passwords, and then shopped for apartments in the Dubai Marina.  Such a great day!  The school awesomely scheduled shopping at the Mall of the Emirates into the day, but since I had already been there and couldn't set up my classroom because supplies aren't here yet, they let two other girls and I shop for apartments.  We weren't very successful, but after being there all afternoon, I definitely know it's where I want to be.  Luckily Casey loves it, too :)

Professor Casler also started his first day of work today, and I think he's a little overwhelmed right now.  He's not only starting a new profession, but the beginning of any school year is crazy, and he has to work tons of hours.  Hopefully everything will slow down in a few weeks, so we can balance work with the easy peasy vacation life we've grown to love over the past couple of weeks.

I don't have any pictures of my classroom or school yet, but if you want to check out the school, you can at www.casdubai.com.  I'm teaching third grade for the first time with a lovely girl from New Zealand, and I'm so excited to try out Whole Brain Teaching.  I think it's going to be an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment