Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hidden Gems from Casey's Phone

We found a few goodies on Casey's phone last night and thought we'd share.


This beauty was drawn by one of Casey's students.  Fancy, eh?


Al Boom Gas Distributing, Casey's favorite.


Dinner with my dad at Bu Qtair and the B-E-S-T bread ever.


Our favorite beach camel :)


School buses in Dubai have the school name on them.  Dubai Police Kindergarten... we're wondering if this means police officers are chosen and groomed from a young age.  We have no idea.


Desert safari fun.  I'm still waiting for my chance to camp in the desert!


Casey in shell heaven.


Another beautiful display of art.


My creepiest face in Paris.


Casey and the awesome hat maker in London.  Doesn't he look like he could be on The Burbs?



Picture time in Paris while we wait for coffee.

In other news, we had date night last night.  It was one of the best best meals we've had in a long time.  We went to an Indian restaurant and let our waiter order for us because we figured he knew more about Indian food than we did.  Holy shizz, everything we ate was ah-mazing and we couldn't get enough.  We loved it so much we took a picture.


Chicken Biryani - best Indian food I've ever tasted.  It was cooked in a copper pot with crusty deliciousness over the top (like chicken pot pie).  So, so good.


And here's a pic of my coffee and milk.  It's not just any milk; it's soy milk that they bought especially for me.  No, I haven't turned into a demanding diva like many other restaurant goers we see in Dubai.  The restaurant was just that awesome.  

In the beginning of our meal, the waiter asked if we had any food allergies.  I've never confirmed it with a doctor, but I was having stomach issues a couple years ago and did my own experiment.  My conclusion was that I have a dairy allergy, so I told the waiter and he had the chef make special things for me all night.  Then we ordered coffee.  I asked for coffee with soy milk or just plain black coffee if they didn't have soy.  Welp, they didn't have soy so they sent a runner to get it for me!  Talk about primo service.  That's one major perk about Dubai - the service in restaurants is the best.

And finally, I leave you with our daily juice picture.  This one's a beauty.


(Just for the record, I know beetroot is one word.)

I need to take my juicing obsession down a notch.  I get anxious if I don't have time to juice in the morning and feel like I'm giving cancer an open invitation to take over my body.  I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, but that's still how I feel.  I think this is a sign that I need a new hobby, one that's not juicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment