Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Post About Nothing

Man, I suck at posting this week.  Or maybe we're just boring lately because I have nothing to write about.  Our amazing cruise to Moon Island was postponed due to bad weather.  Dubai weather is pretty predictable - sunny and hot.  It's rained about 3 times since we've been here, and I'm counting the times it sprinkled for 7 seconds.  For some reason, it decided it was a good idea to storm on the one amazing day we have planned.  The Coast Guard predicted 10 foot swells, and I don't know about you, but cruising out into the middle of nowhere for 5 hours in 10 foot swells doesn't sound like my idea of relaxing fun.  We said no thanks and rescheduled for the end of April.  I was kind of bummed out at first, but the thought of going on the cruise got me through like 3 weeks of work, so this will help me get through the post-Spring Break slump.  It's like two cruises in one!

I feel like that's my whole life in Dubai - trying to look forward to something fun.  You may have picked up on the fact that I've been a bit homesick... I think I'm getting less homesick, but I can't tell.  Maybe I'm just getting better at being homesick.  Either way, it's definitely easier when we're planning something fun.  The main reason we moved here was to have more opportunities to travel.  Casey's already been everywhere in the world, but I didn't even have a passport until my 29th birthday.  It was actually Casey's birthday present to me :) and thank God for that.  We haven't really gotten to do as much traveling as we wanted because of Casey's schedule, but he finally has vacation time coming up and we're so, so excited to start planning our summer vacation.  My childhood dream is finally coming true, and I foresee weeks of mountain twirling, clean air sniffing and pure elation coming our way.  Cannot wait!

See, boring.  I have nothing to write about besides what we're going to do someday.  

 The most exciting thing that's happened to me this week is that my gym FINALLY opened!!!  That's super exciting!  I've been on a workout strike since February because I was tired of driving 20 minutes to work out when I purposely joined a gym across the marina from me.  It's probably the nicest gym I've ever seen besides my sister's gym in Mansfield, so I guess it was worth the wait.  I'm going to be a work out maniac now.  I can see the muscles already!

1.5 more school days 'til Spring Break! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy travels. Jessi, one of the things I've always admired about you is that your glass is always half full. I have always admired your optimism and positive attitude. I am so glad that my son married someone like you. I know that 2 years seem long, but summer of 2014 will be here before you know it. The one thing I have learned over my many many years is that happiness is not a place, but a state-of-mind, or a mindset, if you will. Believe me, I know how it feels to live in a foreign country and to be mentally fatigued from the effort of it. But someday you will be so so happy that you have this experience under your belt. You will learn in time how much you learned from this experience. Please try to keep your glass half full. 2014 will be here before you know it. Love always, Big Mama
    p.s. I am curious about the Seychelles. Can't wait to hear about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! a new post!! I love reading your post. They are never boring, so please keep writing them. :) Sorry about your postponed trip, but like you said it will be something fun to still look forward too. YAY! YAY! for a passport and getting to go on your childhood dream trip soon. I agree with Casey's mom I love that your glass is always half full. I also think you will be thankful for the experience, lessons learned, and friendships you have made over there. Keep it up girl and hang in there. Enjoy your Spring Break too. WOO HOO!! Miss and Love ya, EJ

    ReplyDelete