Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Patty's Day Lame-O

 What do you call someone who drove all the way down to Satwa (a long way) to buy green tulle for a St. Patty's Day tutu (because the Wacky Wednesday tutu wasn't enough), spent an hour making the tutu, borrowed a shirt from her awesome friend and STILL didn't have enough St. Patty's Day spirit to join her friends at the Irish Villiage?  Lame-O, that's what.  

Kiss me, I'm Irish-ish

I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I just wasn't feeling it yesterday.  I preferred lying around in my pjs all day pigging out on delicious things like pizza and ice cream while I watched the Barefoot Contessa work her magic.  Sometimes you just need a day like that.

I think my problem is that I'm really a homebody trying to pretend that I'm not.  In Dubai, there's always something fun to do and I don't want to be the only one left out.  I'm having a hard time finding balance between friends, schoolwork, being an awesome wife and not letting my friends at home forget about me.  I have two solutions so far: 
  1. I need to plan a lazy weekend every few weeks so I can indulge in bad TV and sheer laziness.
  2. I'm buying a crock pot today.  How dorky is that?  Does anyone under the age of 45 actually own a crock pot?  I pinned a sweet website that shows you how to prep all of your meals, freeze them and throw them in the crock pot before you go to work.  Casey's skeptical.  We bought a crock pot in Denver and literally never opened the box.  I'm determined to prove him wrong this time.  I'll let you know how it goes :)
I think it's actually a good thing that I used this weekend as my lazy weekend because next weekend, this is happening
(cruise and camping on Moon Island - eeeee!)

and then the NEXT weekend, this is happening
(Seychelles - best thing about Dubai is it's close to this place!)

and then the NEXT NEXT weekend, this is happening
(sunset camel ride with my DAD!)

And after all of that fun, I'm predicting another lazy weekend with Ben and Jerry's and my pjs :)

3 comments:

  1. Awh, I'm sorry, lovely. Don't worry though - I know EXACTLY how you feel. Seriously. You essentially just described everything I struggle with here and if you need to chat, know that I'm here! It would actually be a bit of a relief, I think, to chat it all out! And it is TOTALLY AWESOME that you bought a crock pot!! We have one, too! :)

    Where do I sign up for this sunset camel ride? I'm thinking that, that would be AMAZING to do over spring break since Ben and I are staying here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa missy! I am 25 and I own and use a crock pot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy is good. It makes you appreciate the fun stuff more. You don't want to burn out and become a hermit.

    ReplyDelete