Sunday, March 3, 2013

Al Maya Island

After two lame-o weekends in a row (one planned, one thrust upon me by the plague), it was time to have some fun.  Nicole planned a girlie day of surf lesson fun, but one of the pipes at the pool broke and we had to reschedule for next weekend, so we planned an impromptu trip to Al Maya Island in Abu Dhabi instead.  

The island is about a ten minute boat ride from the shore, and once you're there, you feel like you're in Mexico.  I've never actually been to Mexico, but I imagine it's very similar to Al Maya Island... Beautiful beaches, sand volleyball, jet skis, a swim-up pool bar and a dj.  What else could you possibly need?  


Amy, Jordan, Nicole, me :)



 Amy's first trip to a swim-up bar!

 
A little piece of Mexico in the Middle East.




Just smoking a little sheesha in the sand, no big deal.



Our favorite new pose.  I'm going to work on my tan before spring break, don't you worry.

I think we all know that Dubai has been an emotional roller coaster for me.  I find I'm happiest when I'm busy because I don't have time to think about being homesick.  I foresee many more weekends at Al Maya Island in the next year and a half.  We're adding this to our list of awesome places to take future visitors.  Dad, are you ready?!

1 comment:

  1. The island is about a ten minute boat ride from the shore, and once you're there, you feel like you're in Mexico.

    Al Raha Golf Gardens Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete