Saturday, November 17, 2012

Livin' the High Life

So, in the midst of all the happiness talk yesterday, Casey and I decided it's time to hire a housekeeper.  This is something I normally wouldn't do because I think there are better things I could spend my money on, but he has been a little overwhelmed with work and I have 3 papers to write today, and neither of us are really pumped about cleaning our apartment on our days off.  Soooooo, I called last night, she's here right now and it's AMAZING!  We're jamming out to music while I'm writing my papers (slash blogging) in the bedroom, and she's mopping, cleaning the bathrooms and ironing (double bonus - Casey doesn't have to iron this week!).  Housekeepers are so cheap here, about 55 dirhams per hour or $15ish, so there's really no point in not hiring one.  Kelly has the best philosophy.  She said because she works full-time,  the last thing she wants to do is spend her time off cleaning.  She'd rather spend it at the beach or MAKE or doing something fun.  And, because we work full-time, we can afford to spread the wealth (especially when it's so cheap) and pass it on to someone who probably needs it more.  One of the teachers at school has a housekeeper come three times a week because she's too busy teaching and raising her daughter.  I don't think we'll need someone that often, but just having someone come once a week or so will give us more than $30 worth of happiness.  Totally worth it, right?  I think it's worth it just for the ironing.  She's quite lovely, too.

*BEST UPDATE EVER*
It was only 35 dirhams per hour!!  What?  That's $9.50!  Holy shiz!  We're stupid if we DON'T do this every week!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Priorities. Hmmm....
    1. Clean the apartment and iron, or
    2. Go out and spend the money on drinks to help you forget about the cleaning and ironing, or
    3. Spend it on a person who will do it all.

    Smart kids.

    ReplyDelete