Friday, August 16, 2013

Our Annoying Word List

Big Mama, Casey and I have a list of annoying words people say.  Words like eXpresso, Chipol-te and  acrosst are on there.  I would like to add a special section to the list called "Annoying Words I Can't Spell Correctly No Matter How Many Times I Screw It Up."  Here's my list so far:

1.  lead instead of led - I ALWAYS write lead when I really mean led.  Why?  I'm a teacher for Pete's sake.

2.  probable instead of probably - Again, I have no idea why but my finger always types e instead of y at the end of probably.  This was actually a joke when I first met Casey because I did it like 7 times in emails to him.

3.  Whatever else you notice when you're reading the blog.  Please enlighten me so I stop.

Casey's would have something to do with apostrophes.  All of those years of schooling and he's still missing basic apostrophe knowledge.  It's a mystery I'll never understand.  Maybe his brain is just so packed full of awesomer things he doesn't have any room left for apostrophe rules.

100th post, what what.


1 comment:

  1. My favorite is "axe". May I axe you a quesion? He axed me out. Should I accept?

    ReplyDelete