Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Praslin

I apologize for another obnoxious Seychelles post, but I need to document this fabulous day for my old lady self so I can remember all the fun we had.

The day after Jordan and Jay got there, we took a ferry to Praslin to scuba dive.  None of us had done it before and I swore I never would because I'm scared of unknown ocean depths and swimmy things, but the Seychelles are supposed to be one of the best places to dive, so I sucked it up and went along.  Praslin was the island I was least excited about (in a relative way, of course).  I was super pumped about La Digue because I did most of my research about La Digue.  I didn't know much about Praslin but it was, of course, very beautiful and tons of fun.




The Seychelles should be renamed the Beautifulchelles.



How cute is this?!  And they're not even posing.  Casey just snuck up behind them and took a picture.








This is real life, people!


Post-dive elation!



We did an intro dive since none of us are certified.  It was only 70 euros, which is pretty cheap for scuba diving, and each couple got to dive with their own dive instructor for 40 minutes.  It was the perfect, perfect intro for scaredy-cat me.  I freaked out a little when I put on the mask, but I tried to hide it from the instructor.  He was very calm and relaxed and such an awesome guide through the colorful underwater world.  With his zen-ness and Casey holding my hand the first half of the dive, I felt totally safe and comfortable (after the first five minutes of freak-out).  

Biggest dive highlight: We saw 2 sharks!!!  And they weren't even scary!




 After the dive, we hired this guy (Baba) to take us to a tiny island near Praslin called Curieuse Island.  We did a little hiking, a little tortoise petting and a little swimming.  It was lovely.  We accidentally hiked too far and found the cutest little cottage in the middle of nowhere.  We stopped to talk to its owners for a minute and found out they are one of two families who live on the island.  They're there (they're/there/their) working on some environment preservation project.  They definitely have some things figured out in life.







That pretty much sums up our day on Praslin.  When it was time to go back to the ferry, Baba took us in the back of his truck. :)



It was just a leeeeeetle windy on the ferry...

I can't believe I'm done writing about the Seychelles!  What am I going to do with my life now?

Seychelles summary:  Everything was beyond our wildest island vacation dreams.  I don't even want to go to another island again because nothing will ever beat the Seychelles.  Start saving and go there as soon as you can.  You will thank me when you get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment