Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Happy St. George's Day!

It's St. George's Day, y'all!  I totally stole this holiday from Lyndsey and Ben, who stole it from our Spanish ELL teacher, Ines.  I don't know much about St. George's Day besides the fact that you're supposed give your significant other a book and flower, but what I do know is that I freaking love it.  What an awesome way to say "I love you" in the middle of a typically boring month.  

I briefly mentioned St. George's Day to Casey and thought we'd celebrate this weekend by going on a mini date to the bookstore, but that was not the case.  When I got home from yoga tonight, this is what I found...


How unbelievably cute and sweet is this?  I didn't even remember it was St. George's Day today so I was totally surprised, and then I read this tiny note on the bag...


 :)

Best husband ever, just for the record.


My new books :)
I've been reading a lot about essential oils and want to start using them instead of traditional medicine whenever possible.  I don't really love the idea of taking medicine anyway, and I've been reading so many great things about oils that I thought I'd give it a shot.  Three Cups of Tea has been on my want-to-read list for a loooong time, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.  Casey knows me so well.

High five to Casey for remembering St. George's Day, listening to my random thoughts about essential oils, somehow intuitively knowing that I want to read Three Cups of Tea and happy-ing up our apartment with tulips!  St. George's Day is my favorite!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Way to go Casey! What a great surprise when you got home. My mom has read Three Cups of Tea I think and if I remember right she loved it. Very cool on the essential oils. Let me know what you find out. I am hearing a lot of cool things about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh!! :) LOVE this! I think you will really enjoy Three Cups of Tea! I couldn't put it down! The dude put out another book, but I have yet to look into it or read it.

    ReplyDelete