Friday, February 15, 2013

Ordinary Joy

This is my new motto...

This definitely wasn't my best week ever, but here are the ordinary things that brought me joy during a stressful week filled with reports and deadlines:

1.  Body Combat.
2.  The Marina bridge.
3.  Ocean sunsets.
4.  "Mrs. Elder, the moon was a waxing crescent last night."
5.  "Mrs. Elder, I'm making an inference that..."
6.  "Mrs. Elder, this is my favorite day EVER!"
7.  Valentine's Dress Down Day.
8.  Making the perfect juicy chicken for the first time with no help.
9.  Peony-scented candles.
10.  Amazing cleaning crews.
11.  Valentine's Day sushi date.
12.  Post-work wine with Kelly and Jessie.
13.  The Lumineers.
14.  Leon and Owen.
15.  Emails from Casey.
16.  Staying in bed 'til 1:00 pm.
17.  Fresh sheets.
18.  Dreams of Austria and Switzerland.
19.  New chapstick and vitamins.
20. Pancakes.
21.  Casey not working weekends!

Next week is Only Happy Things at Work Week.  Teaching sure can get stressful sometimes, but I love my job and have THE best kids ever, so even when it seems too stressful, it's still the best job for me.

1 comment: