Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dubai Lately

Oh, hey there.  Long time no talk.  We've been busy as fracking ever, a good thing for us but a bad thing for blogging.  Nothing too exciting has been happening, so I'll just fill you in on our everyday happenings.

Things that make me happy:
My gym is AMAZING!!  It hasn't even opened yet, but I looooove it.  We've been doing classes outside in the Marina and at a school down the street.  The classes are badass and I'm excited about working out for the first time in 2.5 years.  Woo!

We had our first weekend off together last week, and that was again AMAZING!!!  Jordan came over on Thursday, we had a few drinks and planned Spring Break, and then we walked to a bar down the street to listen to my favorite Dubai band.  Casey got rejected at the door because he had flip flops on, even though WE LIVE AT THE BEACH and I had flip flops on, too.  Jordan and I stayed and danced our faces off and I tried to convince Casey to come back, but he went to bed instead.  

Friday was a perfect day in Dubai.  We went to breakfast Friday morning, went to the beach and paddle boarded with Jamie, Jay and Jordan, and wrapped up the day with some delicious Mexican food - first Mexican I've had in Dubai that's actually tasty.

We saw Zero Dark Thirty Saturday night.  Holy wow, it's amazing and crazy and a tad bit too violent, but still amazing.  I had nightmares all night that the Navy Seals were breaking into my apartment and shooting machine guns, but it was worth it.

My dad's coming for a visit at the beginning of April.  Hooray for our first visitor!  I can't wait to show him around and see all the touristy things we've been waiting to see with a visitor, and I can't wait to see my dad on a camel. :)

I saw the most gorgeous picture of Switzerland on Pinterest and have been giddy about my life-long dream hopefully coming true this summer.  I've been dreaming about visiting Austria and Switzerland pretty much my whole life, and if everything goes as planned, we'll be there in July - woot!

My sister's pregnant with her third baby!  Flanigan babies are the coolest.  She's due around the time I'll be in Texas, so I'm super hoping the baby comes before I have to leave.  Alyssa and Kris are pregnant too.  So many Texas babies to meet this summer!

Casey's attending his first brunch this weekend!  It's a night brunch, but it's still a brunch.

It's volleyball night!  I love volleyball night even though it makes me super tired the next day at school.  We're definitely the worst team in the league, but we're also the most fun.  I kind of feel sorry for the teams who have players who have actually played before.  I would be totally annoyed if my soccer team was playing a team like ours, but we're pretty entertaining so hopefully they don't hate us too much.

Pictures of the Week :)


Beeeeeeach!


Skydivers.  This will be us one day :)


One of the only reminders that we live in the Middle East.

That's all for now.  I'll try to find some fun this weekend so I have something more exciting to write about.
Happy Wednesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment