Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hey Look!

Casey's still alive!


Here he is on our walk last night.  He's been a working maniac lately, even more than usual because of finals, but the new semester just started so everything is back to normal.

Good things are happening for us lately.  Casey's only teaching psychology this semester.  He gets weekends off.  He gets to go in earlier now so he doesn't have to drop me off at work, come home, get ready and then drive to work.  And he gets home earlier at night.  We actually get to remember what it feels like to be married again! 

Other awesome happenings: Jordan and I joined a gym.  Gyms here are SO expensive that I resisted for about as long as I could.  I don't think I'm fat, but I definitely have more flab than I'd like.  Casey's brother calls it slim jiggly, and that is the perfect name for me right now.  When you live at the beach, you should feel comfortable in a bathing suit and I don't.   I'd just like to be fit and strong again. 

Here we are after boot camp Sunday night.


Don't we look so fit?!?

Our gym isn't actually open yet because it's still under construction, but they're giving us free classes until they open in February.  The gym's all about kick-ass classes, meeting new people and having fun together, so I have high hopes that it will motivate me to work out again.  I've been less than awesome at working out since I moved away from Texas and it's time for me to get fit again.  If Casey gets spring break off, we're planning a fun beach vaca with Jordan and her boyfriend so that's my motivation right now.

Last happiness update - we only have one more day of work this week 'til our three-day weekend.  Hooray for happy things in Dubai!

1 comment:

  1. YAY YAY YAY!! So glad you guys have some awesomeness happening in Dubai. Y'all deserve it. Way to go Casey for making it through initiation hell semester. Way to go Jessi for being the wingman through all that. Woo hoo for awesome schedules and having normal married life back. So happy for you guys. Way to go Jessi on joining the gym. Sounds like it is going to be a good one. If you can send your motivation this way that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete